Monsoon Asians & Pacific Islanders in Solidarity (formerly, Monsoon United Asian Women of Iowa) serves victims / survivors of domestic violence and sexual assault in Asian and Pacific Islander (API) communities in Iowa. Monsoon’s mission is to end all forms of gender-based violence and build healthy communities through transformative justice and social change. The organization serves all 99 counties in the state. Monsoon’s programs include direct services, community outreach and education, violence prevention and technical assistance. Monsoon has two offices: in Des Moines and in Iowa City. The organization’s staff is composed of the executive director, the assistant director, five advocates, four interns and several on-call advocates. All staff members are multilingual and together speak 14 languages. Monsoon’s services are free and confidential.
Monsoon is also the fiscal agent for NAPIESV (National Organization of Asian Pacific Islanders Ending Sexual Violence), which was formed in 2011 and funded by the OVW under the Technical Assistance Program.
- Learn about what’s new with Monsoon!
- Learn more about us and how we started, and meet our staff and board of directors.
- See some of our videos and photos.
- Learn more about Monsoon programs and services.
- Find us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter.
- Become a supporter and sign up below for our e-newsletter to stay updated!